Tuesday, January 19, 2010

>Throwing excuses out the window!

>I'm still here, in case you wondered!
Lately I have avoided blogging because I really don't have a lot to say. My eating has been so so and the scale hasn't tipped in the direction I would like for it to. And no there is nothing positive at all about the things I just typed.

I had some great runs last week and for those I am proud. Thursday  I had my mind set on just doing 5k on the treadmill in as little time as possible. I had considered some interval running and thought about just increasing my speed and allowing myself to run at the highest speed as long as I could with taking walk breaks if I needed. I guess I could say I did that but what surprised me was the fact that I ran 5.15 miles in about 55 minutes. This is not a bad pace for me. I was actually very happy with it. When I hopped off the treadmill my hubby was still working out so I hopped on a stationay bike for about 13 minutes and managed to go 3 miles. I have no clue if that is good or not but it sure beat laying down in the floor, which was what I really wanted to do at the time.

My legs killed me after my workout. I know it was from the running because they began to hurt during my run. I just pushed through the pain and told myself I could ice my legs once I got home. I ended up icing my legs for another 3 days. Boohoo. I'm not sure if the shin splints I have suffered in the past are creeping back up on me or if I have managed to put too many miles on my shoes since October. Either way, I have rested for far too many days. And I have found an excuse for too many days.

You would think that one would be sick of making excuses. I am, believe me. Yet, for some reason, I keep coming up with another one. Gah. What is wrong with me??? I have goals, right!? As if the one's I have set for this year aren't enough I have gone on and made yet another crazy goal. In fact, I will go ahead and say that it involves THIS. Crazy, I know. Part of me thinks I should just stick with 5k and/or 10k goals and be done (not done with running, just done with distance). The other part wants to push even harder for the simple fact that I like having a goal to keep me motivated. But there are some things that I let play with my head....

Well, here's the deal. I read all these blogs from skinny minnie girls who run and then hear them say things like their doctor has told them they are considered big to be a runner or when I tell people I run they look at me like I have 3 heads and I assume that they are thinking, "Gees, how does a fat chic like her run!?" Stupid, right!? There's the head thing. Who says "bigger" and/or FAT people can't run? Is there a rul saying we fat girls don't have goals too?  Eh, who knows. I want to show those people that I can and I will do it.

But what does all that mean? It means that if I really WANT to prove that to myself (or anyone else for that matter) then I have to quit making those pesky excuses. I have to quit saying that just because I ran hard one day and now my legs are in pain doesn't mean I can't do some form of exercise. So far this year I have ran a little over 18 miles! Not too shabby. So far this year I have lost a total of 2 lbs, which I am sure this week at least half of that has crept back on. And to put it bluntly, that's a complete pisser!!!

So what am I going to do about it?
Suck it up and move right along!
Tonight I have a 3 mile run planned as well as some strength training.
When I get home I will preplan and prep my food for tomorrow!

And with that I am throwing all those petty excuses out the window.

13 comments: