Monday, January 25, 2010

>Week in Review

>at the start of a new week! Ha. It's just like me, I know.

Last week was pretty good.
I missed one day (Sunday) in half marathon training, but I am ok with that. I am going to pick it up today. I will just be a day behind, but that's ok, right!?

Food wise last week I did ok, but there is ALWAYS room to improve in that department. And this week is a new week and has so far been great! I've done so good today. I logged all of my food in SparkPeople already so I know exactly what I need to have all day long. So far I am under on my calories but I plan to figure that out later on!

Anyway, workouts and training last week went well.

Tuesday -  ran 3.25 miles in 35:17 @ 10:51 min/miles pace
And I guess because that felt so good (ha ha)  I continued on with the following.
ran 2 miles in 22:17 @ 11:08 min/miles pace
I did that mainly because my hubby jumped on the machine beside me. It was great having someone to "pace" with. My workout only called for 3 miles but I went over. I think I was fine with that. :)


Wednesday -Ran 2 miles in 19:58 @ 9:59 min/miles pace
The training schedule called for a 2mile run or cross. I chose the run. I smoked it but I was in tears afterwards due to the pain in my legs. I went home, put ice on them and downed some ibuprofen. I was worried then about Thursday's scheduled 3 mile run.


Thursday - Ran 3 miles in 31:00 @ 10:20 min/miles pace
But I did great on it! Some days my pace is better than others! I was really happy with my workout. I also did a few kettlebell exercises. If you haven't ever used kettlebells... you should try them! They are a great workout!


Friday was a scheduled rest day and Saturday was supposed to be 30 minutes of cross training. Since I coach my daughter's basketball team and spent quite a bit of time pacing/jogging the court for an hour both Friday/Saturday, I skipped the 30 minute cross training at the gym. Does that mean I missed 2 days of training? In my mind, no.. so don't tell me different! Ha ha 


Sunday was a scheduled 4 mile run but I woke up not feeling well. I was dizzy and had a sore throat and achy ear. So, I skipped church (bad) and the gym. I downed some ibuprofen and rested. I think it was just what I needed as I woke up feeling much better today. Since I skipped the 4 mile yesterday that is exactly what I plan to do today!  Depending on my time at the gym and how crowded it is, I may just add the stretch and strengthen part of the training schedule today as well. That way I won't really be a whole day off as far as the workouts go. 


Here is my food log for today:
Breakfast - 1.5 slices of whole wheat toast, one egg, smidge of light mayo (I counted as a full serving though) and 24 ounces of water

Snack - Yogurt parfait and coffee
Lunch - Progresso Light Chicken noodle soup, 1/2 grapefruit, 24 ounces water

Snack - Rice cake w/thin tiny smidge of Nutella (the stuff is great, but the devil if taken overboard!!) and banana
Dinner - Grilled chicken, broccoli, and black beans, 24 ounces water



Yes, I do realize I am slacking on the veggies. I meant to bring a cucumber and tomato with me to add to my lunch, but I forgot to grab them this morning. I do have to run home to get workout stuff so maybe I will grab that then! Ok, I'm out... have a great day!!!


4 comments: