Tuesday, January 19, 2010

>Half Marathon Training - Day 1

>I actually did day 2 today. And I broke the "rule."
I completed the first 3 (plus .25) miles in 35:17.
Not too shabby. I did as  Hal says and took needed walk breaks when I felt I should.
I felt good for the most part with just a little leg pain but I stopped and stretched my legs after the first 1.75 miles and that felt good. I felt after that I was able to run without the pain.

My hubby had finished his swim by the time I was done so I took a quick restroom break and came back. I once again stretched my legs and decided to just run until he was done.
So, I ran another 2 miles in 22:17.
Again, not bad but I found a good pace on the treadmill that works for me.
That being said my goal for tomorrow is to set the treadmill at that pace and get my 2 miles in.

I will not be worrying about time but finishing the whole run with hopefully no walk breaks.
I'm not opposed to walk breaks when I need them. And like Hal says, it isn't so much about how fast you cross the finish line but just about finishing! And that is what I plan to do!

12 comments: