Thursday, October 29, 2009

>I've got goals...

>and dang it I want to reach them!!!

Why is it some days it seems like those goals are so far away?

I know that patience will pay off. I know that a slow weight loss is better than a rapid one.  But it isn't so much that I want to lose weight (which I desperately need to do) but more that I have running goals I want to reach and feel like I won't.

Last night after work, I picked up my son and we headed to the track. Man, it was tough. I don't know if my legs are still tired from Saturday's race and Tuesday's workout (probably just an excuse) or if trying to run while dealing with the kids or the track surface... but I barely made 1.75 miles in 20 minutes. I was majorly disappointed. I cannot understand WHY the race Saturday felt so much easier than my last two runs have felt. The race course involved hills up and down and yet looking back on that I feel like I am in a dream and someone lied to me about how long it took me to run! ha ha

As far as goals go I want so badly to run the next 5k I plan to do (November 22nd) in about 35 minutes. At this point I can't seem to even get myself convinced that I will make that goal. I know, I know... there is still time. I know, just keep working.  But man my legs hurt!! Am I just a big baby? Am I worrying too soon?

I don't know the answers I am asking myself and I don't expect anyone else to either. I just know that I have a goal and by George I plan to keep working until I reach it. :) So, stay tuned.

7 comments: