Wednesday, October 14, 2009

>It's official now!

>
I posted not long ago that I am participating (running) my 3rd 5k soon (like 10 days, people!!!).
I am really excited about this upcoming race because it is of course for a cause that is close to my heart especially since I lost my Nana to breast cancer not too long ago.
Yesterday my official race packet came in the mail. I've been waiting on it for a while now and when I saw it I kinda squealed with delight! ha ha
Anyway, I immediately ripped open the package and tried on my race shirt. I even got hubby to snap a couple of pics of me modeling it. ;)


My official race bib (#2043) and D-tag. I am so nervous to be in the "competitive" runners category but I did it so that I could get an official race time. I have a timed goal I want to beat this go round. I am nervous about that especially since when I pulled up the course map last night the first little bit is uphill. Mind you, I have not been practicing running hills! Yikes! But you can bet the next few days will be spent doing just that!



And here I am in my race tee! I am so excited I was able to get a "L" and still have plenty of room! :) All this running and watching what I eat is so paying off (if I do say so myself)!

Now, if any of you read this and are interested in donating to a great cause please see the breast cancer link in my side bar! It should take you either directly to my page or the page where you can select a race participant. All ya gotta do is enter my name, "Kimberly Emert" and donate that way. Or you can go here I am so happy that I have gotten the donations I have. It means so much to me that my family, friends and even those that I do not know personally in real life have helped me "Fight the Cure!" I know I am just a few dollars away from reaching my goal, but how great would it be to go above and beyond that?
Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for your generosity!

5 comments: