Thursday, October 22, 2009

>What's going on.....

>I haven't posted in a while about what's going on with me as far as what I am eating, my weight or my working out/running progress. I thought I would do that now. lol

My current weight : 196.6

Normally I weigh in on Fridays but decided to take a gander at the scale this morning. Since I hadn't posted a current weight in a while I took today's as my weigh in weight. Not bad. I wish I was closer to 190 right now though. Slow progress is much better than no progress though.

I plan to also get hubby to take my measurements this weekend and will post them next week. I am not sure they have changed much but it's worth taking them to find out.


As far as my food goes, I do a little of the JM plan and I do a little of Spark People. Either way I am watching and logging what I eat. I think it helps! 

Running: Just some thoughts on it. 
I have been running off and on for a while now, completed 2 5K's in the last couple of years... when can I officially call myself a runner? ha ha 
Saturday is my 3rd 5K and for whatever reason this time I am sooooo very nervous! It's all I can think about this week. Will I beat my last 5K time? Is it going to rain like the weather man predicts? How will I handle that? Should I run tonight as planned? Should I just take it easy and not run/exercise at all tomorrow? What do I eat? Ugh, it is totally consuming my thoughts this week. I don't know if I am afraid of disappointing my friend running with me or myself or my husband. I don't know what in the world it will be like to be in a race so big (12K people!). I know in my mind that I am stressing and making myself nervous over nothing. I know I should just enjoy the race. I plan to do just that! :) 

Anyway, my goal is to NOT take a huge running break after Saturday. Yes, I will rest Sunday and even thought about resting Monday then realized it's just a 5K. It isn't like I am running a marathon. I haven't even thought about ever doing that actually. A half marathon... maybe but I need to get more comfortable with running. I just may need an extra push this time next week when my brain says, "it's okay you finished the race, take a break." Uh uh uh... keep on moving! So, someone, anyone.. if you read this... please whatever you do.....

REMIND ME OF THAT!!!!

thanks. ;)
Stay tuned for race pictures and details.

9 comments: