Wednesday, November 4, 2009

>Running feels good...

>and I got proof of that last night!

I haven't posted in a while. I have been in a slump all around...blogging, dieting, running... you name it and I have slumped at it!

Last night was the first time I hit the gym in several days. Booo! I made the excuse that I was just so tired. I know that usually even if I am tired if I go to the gym and get started I will feel better. Well, that's how I felt last night. I have been so busy with working, taking care of the family and all the other things I have going on (like Girl Scout troop leader and all those crazy meetings! ha) that I just made excuses not to go to the gym. Last night I went.

I seriously was SO very proud of myself. I have a goal. You all know I have a goal. I want to run my next 5k in about 35 minutes. That would be about 3 minutes or so off my last 5k time of 38:59 which I just did on October 24th.  Well, last night I hopped on the treadmill and put a podcast on that had 5 and 8 minute running and walking intervals. I went into it thinking I would listen to the girl chime in and do the workout to slowly build myself back up before my next race since I hadn't ran in several days I thought that was a good way to think. Let me tell you!

I didn't listen to that girl. When she said slow down and walk, I did NOT slow down and walk. Nope. I kept going! I ran my first mile last night in 12:10!! That is by far my quickest time! I completed the entire 5k (3.1 miles)  in 37:05! Best time yet! I felt sooooooo very good afterwards. I jumped in the car after I left the gym and called my hubby because I was so excited.

Motivation to keep going! If I can run one mile in 12:10 then I should be able to run my next 5k in 36:30... BUT that means working really hard! I plan to do just that! Work hard.

One last thing....I wanted to share this quote that was emailed to me by a fellow runner and blogger Soul From My Soles.

  “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall”. 
~Confuscius 

I won't fail. NO way NO how. 

6 comments: