Wednesday, November 18, 2009

>Gobble, Gobble

>
I have another 5k race coming up this weekend.
I am going to be running the Turkey Trot. 
I had originally said that I want to make it in about 35 minutes. The reason for that is because my race in October I finished in 38:59. Well, I would just like to say that as long as the clock reads anything under 38 minutes when I cross the finish line I will be quite happy. :)
For the Komen 5k we had timing chips. That will not be the case for this weekend's race. I am a little nervous about that. Hubby told me that as long as I hit my watch right when I cross the start I should get an accurate reading. I know he is right, BUT at the Komen race someone bumped my arm and my watch stopped timing me (or at least I thought it stopped timing me. I won't worry too much. maybe. I just want to feel like I am successful. I am happy to say that my hubby and my friend, Toni, are running with me.
I love the feeling of having someone I am close to with me for something like this. I am sure both of them will whizz right by me but that's okay. They will be there with me when I start and when I finish.

Running
As far as running goes this week I did 4.82 miles last night at 12:05 pace. Not too bad considering I had to take a potty break (which never happens) at around mile 2.75. 
Tonight I am going to meet my friend, Toni and hubby is going to write us up a kettle bell workout with either some sprints or agility drills or some kind of running. We did a kettle bell workout together last week that I thought was going to kill us both. ha ha We made it through though. AND she wants to workout with me again so I didn't completely run her off. Whew.

The Scale
It hasn't really been moving in the downward slope like I want it to lately. I am not going to let it bother me (very much) because I kow I am working hard (at least in the gym). I know I need to step up my eating plan a little or at least devise a better plan. 
I was trying to record my food into Spark People and still plan to use that but I am not sure what I am doing is really working to my advantage. I would love to hear any hints from you guys as far as eating/diets go. 

As always, I will keep ya posted!  

12 comments: