Wednesday, November 11, 2009

>I could have ran forever....

>or I felt that way.

Last night at the gym I was doing my usual run. I noticed to my left the thin, blonde trainer lady that I find to be a little intimidating. I glanced over, smiled and went about my running. I noticed she got on an elliptical a machine over from the treadmill I was on. She finished her workout and I was still running.

The next thing I know she was walking towards my machine. And you know how weird that can be. I found myself wondering for a half second whether I should stop my music, slow down or what. She came right over to me and the conversation (all 53 seconds of it) went like this:

svelt trainer lady: "I just wanted to tell you that you are a great runner."
Me (um yes, ME!!): "Thank you, that's so nice."
stl: smiled at me
Me: "I rarely feel that way, so thank you for that, it means a lot!"
STL: "You really look great. Keep up the great work."

WOW! I was speechless, but let me tell you I felt like from that moment on I could have kept on running forever. It was definitely the boost I needed to get my big ol' booty through that 5K loop I set the treadmill to in the 37:50.... my pace was 11:47 per mile. I actually ran 3.21 miles last night.

So, with that proud moment I just want to say, "Thank you, sweet trainer lady that works at my gym!!! You totally my made night!"

And now I need to find out her name so that I can quit calling her trainer lady! ha ha

4 comments: