Thursday, October 20, 2011

Will run for cupcakes!!!

I picked this box of yumminess up after I left work yesterday.

Mini cupcakes from a local cupcake shop in my town! I headed to the gym directly after.

I signed up to run the most fabulous virtual race. 3.7 miles in the Cupcake Classic with JESS who happens to be celebrating turning 37 this week. And what better way to celebrate than with running and cupcakes.

I even sported my "Will Run for Cupcakes" tee and the lovely bib Jess provided! This pic was taken post run in my gym parking lot before getting in the car. It was freezing! or at least I was freezing.

I had planned ahead of time to run a total of 7 miles because I haven't been logging a ton of miles lately and knew that I had plans to take BodyPump on Thursday, Friday is a rest day and Saturday is still up in the air. So... I set out to do 7. However, when I left work I started getting a migraine. I wasn't sure how my run would go. I started fine and was just over a mile when my hubby got to the gym and asked how it was going. I told him about my head and that I probably would just go the 3.7 miles and call it a night. SO here are my stats for 3.7 miles...



And what did I do next? Why I made sure I earned my mini cupcakes, of course! I ran until 5 miles and by that time my hubby was done with his run. I had even slowed down to a walk and was going to cool down and stretch. BUT my hubby said he had a few more things to do so I cranked up the pace again and pulled out my remaining 2 miles for a total of 7 miles in 72:48. :)

And Then I earned....

Mmm yumminess get in my belly!!!

Thank you, Jess for all your hard work on this virtual race! I had a lot of fun and was totally inspired to run just by the word cupcake alone. However, celebrating your birthday in blogland was loads of fun!! Happy Birthday and happy running!

1 comment: