Thursday, October 13, 2011

3 Things Thurs

1. I have finally decided on a "costume" for my Haunted Half Marathon at the end of the month. I even got the hubby to agree on "dressing up" with me. We're going as a team! Can't wait. I thought about sharing it with you before the race but I think I will just leave it a little secret. I'm excited to do this race as fun. I do want to make a time goal but due to football season and my hubby's busy schedule he hasn't been able to do the same amount of training I have so we agreed for this to be our fun run and not focus on time. However, only the first 750 finishers get a medal. We're not worried about that. We'll get our medal. There's a 3 hour course time limit on a "fast, flat" course that is actually a double loop. The medal will be ours!! It's a small race too.

2. I have killed it at the gym this week. Well, let me rephrase that. I probably haven't killed it really but I am proud of how well I have done. 2 days of running, 2 days at BodyPump and some cross training. I am SO looking forward to rest day Friday! I need to get in a long run on Saturday but am not sure just how long I should run. 7 maybe? I hadn't planned on any actual "training" between the 2 half marathons because honestly endurance wise I feel like I can totally run another 13.1 miles with no problem. That might sound a bit cocky even though I don't mean it that way. What I am saying is, I don't feel as though I need a great deal of long distance between now and then. Perhaps if I work up to 8-9 miles for a run or two I will be good to go? Sound reasonable?

3. I was hoping to do a 5k race next month with the hubby. We even talked about working hard to get our first sub 30 5k race. BUT I have something more exciting going on the same weekend as that race and by golly I am not going to spend oodles of moolah on running when I can see my Daddy instead. I haven't seen him in a couple of years because he moved wayyyy over to the west coast. In the last year he was diagnosed with cancer and beat the devil out of it. SO, I am very excited that he is making his way over to the east coast to visit us! He hasn't seen me in person since I have lost weight and started running. I am selfishly excited for that too. Silly, I know. I've got another whole month to work even harder so I can show off my hard work. haha Anyway, all that to say I am putting racing in November on the backburner and am totally ok with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment