Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Randoms

I thought I would give y'all a rundown of some of the other racing randoms that I didn't mention in my posts dedicated to my race recap. I'm bored and I wanted to throw you guys off by blogging 3 days in a row. haha so...here goes!

~When it's windy and you are standing between tall buildings that wind gets trapped below which causes a sunny day to be freezing. Or something like that! I'm no weather girl though. Just something I noticed. We were standing in direct sun but when the wind blew I felt like it was the dead of winter and 20 below rather than early fall and 65 plus degrees out. Although it could have also had something to do with the fact that I was soaked in sweat.

~Atlanta (or Dunwoody really) spectators are not as awesome as Knoxville spectators. Don't get me wrong, there WAS race course support but mostly on the main road (Peachtree). When we were running through the neighborhoods there were just random people. In the spring when we ran Knoxville there were hundreds and hundreds of spectators along the ENTIRE course. We ran in neighborhoods and it was like those people were throwing race day parties just to spectate. I will run in ATL again (maybe, one day) but would like for any of their track/running clubs to encourage more people to get up and out early to cheer on those awesome runners!!

~GA doesn't have the same hills TN does. Someone told me before my race that it was hilly. I checked the elevation chart and was not really intimidated at all. I mentioned it before but I like to refer to those ATL hills as inclines... just gradual/slight enough to give a little thigh and booty burn but not the kind I have been use to running that leave me out of breath and an overly fluttering heartbeat. lol Even with most of my weekday runs being on the treadmill I found this course to be relatively easy especially in comparison to Knoxville.

~I can run 13.1 miles alone, without music blaring in my ears. I can't really even recall what I was thinking mile by mile. Weird how all those thoughts just leave once you cross the finish line. I honestly can't recall thinking anything about how running 13.1 miles sucked though so that's a good thing! There were a few bands along the course but I couldn't even begin to tell you what they were playing/singing. I didn't speak to anyone really along the way other than giving a thumbs up or huge smile to any supporter along the course that yelled my name and wished me well/cheered me on. :)

And now for more randoms...
~ Hubby and I are running a Haunted Half marathon in a nearby city on Oct 29th. It should be fun. It's a double loop course. Eek. And hubby said the city smells like a big sharpie marker which should be great. It's an afternoon race too with a start time of 3pm. Interesting. I debated a costume for the race since it will be just days before Halloween but I'm too cheap. Any grand ideas???

~I got new shoes over the weekend. One reason was because I was due. I got my Saucony's in the middle of June. They carried me many many miles and through only 2 races but they were beginning to wear down which I think is why my knee gave me some pain. And I had a little accident on my run with hubby this past Saturday. Oops.

~I haven't stepped on the scale since sometime last week. I cannot decide if this is good or bad or whether I really care. My clothes fit and aren't too tight. I should make some goals for this month but we are coming up on the half way mark of the month so maybe I should make goals for getting through the holidays instead?

2 comments: