Monday, October 17, 2011

Will a cape make me fast?!

Do capes my runners faster??

That's the first hint as to what my Halloween "costume" may include for my upcoming Haunted Half Marathon. I have the hubby on board to at least wear a logo on the front of his shirt but cannot convince him to wear a cape. I'm wondering how much a cape would mess with my running? My thought is that I will just have someone crafty (that can sew) add the cape to the back collar of my shirt. Just a few stitches to make a hem around the rough edges and a few stitches around the collar. That won't be too heavy, right!??
It's a good idea, right?
Now what about a mask? Or something resembling a mask... The race starts at 3pm so it will still be sunny. I am thinking that if I don't find a mask my super cool pink Oakley's (that I always wear) will be just as good as a mask.

I was going to add a skirt over my running tights but I just don't have it in me to 1. spend mega $ on a running skirt or a sparkly skirt and 2. I cannot make anything like that and 3. the material I bought for my cape won't be enough to also make a skirt nor does the 1 yard I have fit around my hips.. what the crap!?!
So, no skirt. This "super hero" mama is just going to have to look super cool with what I am able to pull off.

More later on the costume. I'm hoping to have it all in place by the weekend.
Up tomorrow... a workout/running/weight loss update or something close to it!
Have a great week!

3 comments: