Thursday, September 15, 2011

TTT

1. Spin class rocks. I have mentioned before how much I love this class. Today was a rest/cross train day and it was a busy evening. I knew after running a 5 mile tempo yesterday that I was not going to run today. So, off to spin class it was. Tonight's class was a strength training ride. This means 45 minutes of climbing hills and running sprints...on.a.spin.bike! with lots of resistance! It was great though. I can still feel my legs burning. And my butt...those standing hill climbs are killer on the booty.

2. I log all of my food and workouts on MyFitnessPal. I have mentioned that before. Anyway, it bugs me how after I hit submit on my daily food journal it will bring up those red numbers saying, "If every day were like today you would weigh 157.6 in 5 weeks." On Sunday it told me if every day were like that day I'd weigh 143 in 5 weeks. Um, yeah. If I eat relatively sensibly and run 11 hilly miles every day for the next 5 weeks I will be at goal. Not.so.much! I would like to see the scale move though. However, I was just telling someone (blogger, MFP buddy, in real like friend...can't remember who) that it is rewarding those times when the scale isn't moving but you can tell your body is changing. My scale has barely budged in almost a year. That is insane to me because I feel like I look different and it's true...I do. I'm almost (I say almost because I won't buy them yet) a size smaller in my fave jeans and I have the InBody assessment that shows me the difference in where I was this same time last year. So, I need to focus on those numbers a bit more rather than the pesky scale. Easier said than done?

3. Challenges. Ahhh. I love a good challenge. They can be fun, they can keep me motivated and they can be tough! Heidi is hosting a challenge this month and I joined. It's fun so far and I am doing fairly well with it. I have a few more little things to log though. That should be easy because Ms. Heidi has also challenged me further to a few more things in the upcoming week. Be prepared to read a lot more from me!!!! :)

2 comments: