Friday, September 30, 2011

Five for Friday

1. I am a very bad blogger. No excuses. I just stink this week. I appreciate your following and the comment love. :)

2. I leave tonight to head to GA. I'm running 13.1 ATL on Sunday. Did you know you can sign up to track me?! haha not that anyone would but just in case you think I'm THAT cool you can sign up and see how slow I am slogging my way through the ATL. If you do happen to think I am that cool, just comment or email me and I will give you my first and last name! haha But seriously... I did just sign my hubby up to track me though. HE does think I am that cool. What? He DOES, swear. ;)

3. I might have started my whole pre-half marathon carb loading yesterday. It might have included some of this...

and possibly even one of these...
and omg was that ever good. Photo courtesy of Gigi's. I cannot thank my hubby enough for taking to my subtle hints that cupcakes make the perfect (to some of us!!) pre race carb loading treat.I don't regret it.

4. I packed my race bag last night. It is totally different running a race in a different state than right in your own city. I already feel slightly stressed that I may have forgotten something in that bag. I know it's just a half marathon but perhaps I need to make a check list?? haha Seriously though, I have the following in my bag...
~shoes, socks, 2 bras (these big, saggy girls still need 2 to prevent so much bounce), tights, shirt (my friend, her sis and myself all got the same shirt in diff colors!), BodyGlide, deodorant, Road ID, iPod, Nathan Handheld, Nuun, Honey Stinger chews and sportsbeans, Sparkly silver BICband... I think I got it covered. Can you see anything I missed? Oh wait, I do have my Nathan belt thingy because I was thinking maybe..just maybe I should take some tp and sanitizer wipes, ya know just in case? AND MY GARMIN!!! (I had to come back and add that after I hit publish!...whoa)

5. Speaking of running tights. My hubby bought me a pair of Sugoi knickers (something 200) capri compression tights... I know I botched the entire name but that does NOT matter. What does matter is this....those things are da bombdiggity! Seriously. I thought my beloved Nikes were the shiznit but when I put on the Sugoi and then ran in them...holy heaven in running tights Batman. I did a test run in them on Wednesday and they were great. Let me also mention that he ordered them on Monday from www.runningwarehouse.com and they were here on Wednesday. Can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment