Thursday, May 19, 2011

TTT - will power, skin, schedule

1. Will power
I'm often told how "amazing" I am or how far I've come, how great I've done with this whole weight loss/running/exercise/healthy thing I've been working towards for the last 2 (+) years. People even say, "I wish I had your will power or dedication." Well, folks, you can. But let me say this first... I don't always have the best will power. Sometimes it fails me. Actually sometimes *I* fail me. Sometimes my so called will power finds me putting chocolate candy bars, chips and cookies in my grocery cart and that in turn leads to my will power shoving said junk in my mouth. Honestly, I cannot blame my will power or anyone/thing else for doing such besides myself and my lack of control at times. I KNOW what things I should be putting in my cart and mouth other than those little junk treats (if you will) but there are times the human in me comes out and I fail. So, the truth is YES there are times when my will power is excellent and there are times when it is not. In order to reach my goals I have to have complete control over my will power.

2. Skin
If you have been reading my blog a while you will know that I have lost about 70 lbs in the last 2 years. If you haven't been reading long well, now ya know. I've gained muscle (hopefully) and lost lots of fat (again, hopefully) but what I gained is lots of sagging skin. I'm not going to brave it and take pics for the blog but let me say...I could blanket a small animal with my skin. It's gross. I hate and lately the skin hanging from my stomach is REALLY starting to bother me. Sure, I can tuck it in my jeans (no joke folks) or my running tights but it's still obvious that it is there. I noticed such tonight while I was doing lunges at the gym. Apparently my compression tights aren't compressing everything I thought they were. Darn those mirrors at the gym! If I was a rich girl (nanananana see I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy gir-ir-ir-ul..sorry gotta give a shout out to Gwen!!) I'd go ahead and make an appointment with a surgeon and take care of that mess but...sigh...I am not. Maybe one day though.

3. Schedule
Last year I ran a whole lotta 5k races. I had them planned out and registered as early as I could for most of them. Going into each race my goal was a new PR. I achieved that at each race. This year the only race I had planned as of Jan was the half marathon. Done. But now what? The only other race that is confirmed on my schedule is the Peachtree (10k) and most of the 5k races I ran last year won't even appear on my schedule this year! Shocking. Instead here is my tentative race schedule...
July - Peachtree Road Race in ATL 10k
Sept - Marine Corp Mud Run Knoxville
Oct - 13.1 ATL
Nov - another local (Knoxville) half marathon
Maybe, if time and $$ allows, I will throw in a 5k somewhere..just because.

1 comment: