Thursday, May 5, 2011

May Goals

We are 5 days into May and I decided now would be a good time to discuss goals for the month. I had goals for April but never got around to posting them. And since May is quickly passing I better get on to posting my goals for this month or it'll be over quicker than I can run a mile. hahaha

Anyway...
I haven't blogged in like a week. While I have slacked in that area of my life I have not slacked in others (well, except for keeping up with the house...laundry, sweeping...all the fun stuff!). For now I won't bore you with details of my running (like 9:40 min/miles) or my eating (healthy food is a bore) so let's get on with the goals!!

1. Get back to the long run.
I haven't ran anything over 5 miles since the half marathon. Saturday will be a 6 miler with running friends. I can't wait. I hope to increase my long run mileage 1 mile each week to work my way back up to the half marathon distance.

2. Lose 5lbs.True 5 lbs is not a lot. True, I have lost 70 lbs in the last 2 years.
BUT.... I still want to lose another 20 lbs, which again considering what I have lost and my current weight, is not a lot. However, it IS a lot for me because it's been a while since I have been able to lose without gaining. Clear as mud, huh.

3. Refocus my eating.
The last few weeks have been stressful for me. My eating has been healthy for the most part but it's been sort of sporadic throughout the day. This is mostly due to my work schedule/stress. This week I swore I was going to refocus and get back on track and I did....for 2 days. Oops. So, the goal for the rest of the month is to refocus and stay focused.

4 comments: