Thursday, February 10, 2011

>Three Things Thursday

>1. I have about 7 weeks before my first half marathon. The training plan I am following is a 10 week program. I am on week 6. So, I am trying to modify the plan and rather than jump 2 miles each week for the long run I am making it just a one mile jump. I think I will repeat the 11 mile long run week twice. The following week run 12 and then taper. Does that sound reasonable? I've never done this before but apparently the 2 weeks before race day are to be taper weeks. I've always been told and read that with any exercise program it is ok to modify it to your specific needs so it seems like what I plan to do should work. Let's hope anyway!

2. I've been logging my training (workouts and running) on The Daily Mile and love it. If any of you are on there look me up and add me as a friend. I love all the motivation and feedback everyone gives me. I'd love to offer you motivation too! I love the great little tool that DM is for tracking all my miles especially since I am participating in Tall Mom's 1000 mile club this year. It's easier for me to log my runs there so that all I have to do is transfer the info each month. I'm all about the easy!

3. Tonight at the gym I decided to skip the scheduled 4 mile run. I warmed up with a 10 minute mile and then did workout "A" the trainer wrote up for me. I love that I have become confident enough at the gym that I am able to do this workout. AND I am even more thrilled that I have done 3 strength workouts this week with my running. The main reason I did not do the 4 miles on the schedule is because hubby and I are going to attempt to get our 10 miler in and I just was not sure after having ran every day this week (2.5 Mon, 3.5 Tues, 5 Weds) that doing 4 today would be a good idea. So, my legs are going to hopefully be rested for 10 tomorrow. Hopefully I can get 3 miles in at some point on Saturday or Sunday so that I can get my weekly mileage in.

4 comments: