Monday, February 14, 2011

>Valentine's Day

>We agreed to not celebrate much in our house because we have birthday's coming up this month (the hubby and me!) and next month is our anniversary. We just never made Valentine's Day a huge deal. We love each other everyday! We do get the kids a little something. We try not to go overboard with candy and sweet treats and I have totally banned the purchase of flowers on Valentine's Day. Hubby also got the memo (finally) that anything over $.99 on a card is a waste! ;)
Let it be known that I am not a Valentine's Day scrooge though. I promise.

I do feel that there are 364 other days in a year that you can tell those you love just how much you love them. Why do we need one more day to tell them?

Anyway, I have not gotten hubby a card and told him to not expect one because I refuse to go out the day of and hunt the perfect one. So, he will likely be told Happy Valentine's Day before we leave the house in the morning and I might even text him. haha

And even though we agreed to not get a single thing for each other this year, hubby couldn't stop himself. When he went out to pick up the kid's goodies he made a pitstop at Dick's for this....


10 comments: