Wednesday, February 9, 2011

>Tears+running=HARD!

>Let me start by saying I am a lover of the 2 a day workout thing. Never thought I would say that but I really love working out twice in a day. This morning I started at 5:15 by crawling out of bed because I told a friend I would be at the gym bright and early. When my phone buzzed at 5:45 I was excited and knew I had made the right choice for starting my day. I did the second workout (I call it workout "B") that my trainer wrote up for me. It was the first time I tried it. It was tough but I felt great after getting it done. I knew since that part of working out was over and done with I could totally focus on the 5 miler on my schedule for this evening.

I had a rough day at work. I've had a rough few days. No real way to explain it to you other than I have not felt like myself and I have been very stressed. I think we all have bad days or weeks even. Usually I am good at coping with bad days but today I just had enough and before leaving work I was in tears. I met hubby at the gym and he told me to give my run my all and enjoy it. So, that is what I set out to do.

I wore this shirt and sported my new sparkly purple BIC band which can be found and purchased here. And the only reason I am telling you that is because I am loving purple right now. I think purple may be my color of choice to wear for the half marathon in April. I cannot get the hubby talked into sporting any purple himself though. I still have time to work on that. ;)

Anyway, I hit mile 2.5 on the treadmill. I was fighting back some major tears and the song that came on the iPod was only making it worse. About the time I got the tears to stop I noticed a gentleman coming up to the side of the treadmill I was on. He got closer and started talking so I took my earbud out and turned to him. I smiled. He smiled and said to me, "I've watched you since you started coming here. You have come a very long way, young lady. Keep up the great work. You are doing a good job." I smiled again and for the first time I can remember I said thank you without saying another word. Before today when someone has complimented me on my progress or how I looked, etc I have always added a but or well... and then gone on with how much work I still have left to do. Not this time. Thank you was all I needed to say. And what that man said was all I needed to hear.

I must tell you that I don't know that man. I don't even know if I recall seeing him at my gym in the last 2 years. BUT he said he has noticed me and let me tell you how good it feels to know that someone other than the people who see me every day and have for the last 2 years has noticed my hard work as having paid off. Now maybe that man just knew that today I needed to hear something like that and maybe he was sent there because I needed it. I also am going to believe that he has seen me and watched my progress the last 2 years. And that makes me smile. :)

I know that my husband, friends and family all see me daily and can see the hard work I have put in the last 2 years. I am grateful that they have noticed how it has paid off for me. I am thankful that they have supported me through this entire journey because without them and the support they give me I could not have made it this far nor would I make my ultimate goals.

And for the record, tears and running are not a good mix! It is hard to breathe while holding back tears and if you run you will know how imperative breathing is for running.

5 comments: