Friday, February 18, 2011

>Dear Biggest Loser,

>I greatly appreciate the email letting me know casting calls will be held in my local area soon. However, it is with great pride that I inform you I am not the person for your show. I have successfully lost 65 lbs on my own, no fad diets, no crazy pills..but diet and exercise, a total lifestyle change if you will, over the course of the last (almost) 2 years. I am now within 15-16 lbs of my weight loss goal which will put me at a total weight loss of  80lbs which is 20 lbs less than your required 100 lbs over weight for contestants of the show. I have no clue WHY I would have recieved the email I did.

I also have no real issues with Biggest Loser. I love the show and try to watch it every week. I'm not digging it as much this season as I have in the past though. It may be the new trainers or it may be some of the contestants. Whatever the reason I still watch and will continue to do so. In the past the show inspired me a great deal and I guess in some sort of way it still does. Kudos to all those people trying out for a spot on the show as well as those who are taking the journey with BL.

To those folks not selected for the show, I really hope that they continue on their journey to wellness. As for me, when I lose my last 15-16 lbs I plan to keep focusing on the day to day healthy journey I have been on, but instead of the goal being weight loss the goal will be keeping the weight off for life.

Thanks for the email though because it is a reminder to me that my journey isn't over. I'm closer than ever to the goal but it will never be a journey ended.

7 comments: