Tuesday, August 17, 2010

>Melting

>Friday night after the football game/event my Sweet Girl and I headed to Walmart. I had had yoga and a yoga mat on my mind the entire week after doing a couple pilates workouts. SO, I decided that I wasn't waiting any longer to get a mat and a new dvd.  My Sweet Girl was as excited as I was because I had told her she could join me some for yoga. :)

However, she has yet to join me for a couple of reasons...
-she has been sick
-good gravy did I ever choose a yoga dvd!

Now, I do not know that much about yoga but I am certain this is not your run of the mill yoga dvd. And I think it is titled perfectly! I felt as though I was melting while I did it. After the first time doing level 1 I was a sweaty mess and looked as though I had ran a good 2 miler. The next day my body was sore in places that haven't been sore in a long time and that is a good thing! It means it is working.

Last night I was unable to make the gym (again!!) because my girl was very very sick all day long. So, I rolled out the yoga mat again and did YM level 1 again. This time it was a bit easier on me but I did notice some pain in my elbows and knees. Now, I do not know all of the moves names but am pretty sure the dolphin is what caused the little mark on my left elbow. Ouch. And tiny bruises on my knees may be due to the fact that we have wood floors and even though I am using a yoga mat the surface is just hard which is something I am not quite use to. I'm sure I will adjust.

I'd like to do this dvd about 3 times a week. My Sweet Girl keeps asking me when I am going to do level 2! HAHA Baby, Mama just has started this!  I did tell her that when level 1 gets easy or I feel I need more of a challenge I will switch/move on to level 2. So, that is my plan.

-Yoga Meltdown 3 days a week
-Run 3/4 days a week
-Cross train 2/3 days a week
-lunges and squats 3 days

That's the plan I have in my head at least. Days/times and the whole nine yards are not quite set in stone since my schedule with working out seems to be fly by the seat of your pants the last couple of weeks but I will get there. I did take pics for the lunges challenge but have not taken new measurements. That is on my to-do list though.

Oh and if you are wondering about the Yoga Meltdown dvd and Jillian....she's not mean on it like she is on the Biggest Loser! ;)

19 comments: