Monday, August 2, 2010

>New month, new goals!

>First of all let me say that I cannot beleive July is gone and we have moved right along to August already! Good bye summer. My daughter started school today. It just seems way to soon. It is a bazillion and one degrees outside and honestly I think we should all be lounging by the pool for the next week or two! haha

Now onto the weight loss buisness.
I did NOT make my July goal in this department. I am okay with that because I did maintain. Maintaining (for me) is okay because while the number on the scale stayed the same I can definitely feel a bit of a difference in my clothes. I haven't taken measurements in a while though so I am thinking that I may just have to start my month out with measurements!

As far as my other goals -
* increase running miles to 15 per week
* more outdoor running
I did increase my running miles but getting outside more was not doable. The heat and humidity were just too much for me and the few times I thought I would run outside were a no go. I knew how crampy my legs felt during my race in July and I just did not want to risk the same feeling while trying to enjoy my running more. Makes perfect sense, right. ;)

August Goals
-This is THE month that the scale is going to lose, even if it is just 5lbs. I don't really care how much I lose just so long as the scale moves down. This staying the same is going to wear on me until I hit my goal (the BIG goal) I just know it and of course gaining just is not an option at this point in my journey.. nope no way!
- Cut back to ONE (uno, single) Diet Coke a day. I think my addiction has gotten worse lately because it has been too hot that I have not been drinking my coffee. So, I would like to cut back to one 12 ounce serving of the bubbly stuff to make it through the day.
- Go to bed early (by 10:30pm) in hopes to make it up by 5:20 at least 2 days a week (possibly 3) to workout. I have already gotten a head start on this one (today!!!).
- Continue 10k training.

These goals seem absolutely obtainable and I am looking to YOU (seriously) to push me, kick my butt and help me stay motivated to keep reach those goals! I know I can!
Also, before I go, I'm part of a new team.. JAFG..and am taking on another challenge for August but you have to wait until tomorrow to get all the details!

14 comments: