Friday, August 13, 2010

>The M and a tale from my scale

>This week in workouts has not been great and my eating has only been ok, but it has been what I would consider a most successful week for me! And this makes me rather giddy. :)

I went shopping a week ago today for a few things for myself to get me through the summer and into the fall. My favorite place to shop currently is Old Navy. I like being able to walk in, browse the racks and pick my size and go. I go for comfort usually...this means jeans and tees. Anyway, I shopped with my kids so I didn't really have time or patience to try anything on. I bought tops since the day before my shopping trip I had cleaned my closet again and discovered several pairs of jeans that I can fit!!!  Excitement over the fact that I hadn't worn said jeans in at least 6 years. Thank goodness denim doesn't go out of fashion. So, to the tops..I snatched Larges because my XL's were now tents on me (yay, goody goody). There were a couple of the tops I tried on in the store over the tee I had on that day and to my surprise the Mediums fit but out of stubborness I went with the L's anyway figuring by buying the L's I would have room for an accidental trip to the dryer. teehee

Moving forward to today. I needed a new shirt for football season. I had looked for a more girly style shirt rather than the standard adult tee shirt (you know the unisex ones) and came up empty handed. However, today I walked a block to the local sporting apparel store to see what I could find. Still no luck at a girly top but I did get a tee shirt. I was considering cartwheels for the block back to work rather than walking. Why? I bought a Medium. A dadgum medium people. Not a L, not and XL but a M. I think I've been giddy ever since. I text my hubby right away to which he replied "cool." He knows how this excites me because it doesn't seem so long ago that I was snatching 2XL tees from his drawer. Seriously.

I still have on my size M tee shirt. I don't even care that it is a unisex basic adult tee shirt. The tag still says M.

A pic of me (wearing my new tee) and my girl from the game tonight.

As for the scale tale, I weighed in on Thursday. I've decided this will be my new weigh in day each week. I am going to try really hard to make it a point to only weigh one time a week rather than daily.
This week's magic number
177!
I'm so thrilled with my successes this week. Even though I didn't get in as many runs or other workouts like I had hoped I still feel like I well considering everything we have had going on. Now, my goal for the weekend is to keep to my plan (eating wise). Tomorrow will be a run day no matter what I have going on!

Have a great weekend!

11 comments: