Wednesday, August 25, 2010

>8 days!?!

>That's how much time has passed since my last post here! Yikes! But I have been busy and active so at least I am not just wasting time doing nothing.

First things first..

Scale:
Has not budged. Well, in fact it is being rather ornery lately. I thought it needed new batteries so I put that at the top of my list yesterday and went to the store after the gym and got new ones. Put them in as soon as I got home and that little booger (the scale) was still not acting right. I'm pretty sure the scale is barely a year old so I took it as a sign to get off the darn thing and keep moving forward concentrating on how I feel and how my clothes fit. Don't get me wrong though I still know the goal is in sight and that is to be 155 -160 by the end of the year. That means I still have 129 days to reach my goal.  32.25 weeks if you want to look at it that way. In order to lose 22 pounds in 32 weeks I would need to lose less than 1.5 pounds a week. I can totally do that!! YES I CAN!

Activity:
Since the first of August I have logged  29.7 miles between running and the elliptical. Most of those are running miles though and I think about 8 miles is elliptical. Apparently I am no where near the 80 miles I had hoped to log for the month of August but I think I still have until September 2nd to make Tall Mom's 80 mile challenge goal. So, hey I have 50.3 miles to go. HAHA That means in 8 days I would need to get in 6.28 miles a day. That's not likely to happen. Eeek. I am just not that type of runner (yet).
I have been trying my best to get in at least some lunges for the Legs Love Lunges  challenge but again I am not getting in nearly as many as I had hoped. So, that means my progress pics for the challenge may not show much of a change. And just because the challenge may come to an end doesn't mean my legs have to quit lunging so I think I will keep it going (for me) and see what kind of progress I can make on my own.

Eating:
It's off and on with the eating. During the week I do great...6 small meals a day and a good balance of carbs, protein, fruits and veggies... you know the essentials. The weekends are where things get tricky. We are a busy and active family and tend to be on the go a lot. So, 6 small meals is hard to fit in. Some weekends I get 2 meals on Saturday and at least one of them is not the healthiest. But I am making an effort to work on that!

Hope you all have had a great week! Keep pushing towards your goals.. you can do it!

14 comments: