Monday, January 30, 2012

Motivational Monday



I hope you had a great weekend of running!

I saved my long run for Sunday. I ended up with 10 miles with my friend, Terri. She ran a 10 mile race (that I volunteered at) the day before and still met me for another 10 miler on Sunday. She said she was good to go slow and I agreed that slow was good. We finished 10 miles in 1:42:01 which ended up being a bit faster than either of us planned. We both felt good and strong though! It's crazy when I look back at just last year and what my first 10 miler was like.

I ran my first 10 miler on February 11, 2011 in 1:54:13.
I ran 10 miles almost a year later on January 29, 2012 in 1:42:01.
Proof that consistency and determination pays off. Keep working hard towards your goals and you too will be amazed at just how much you can change in a year (or even sooner!).

My husband took this picture of Terri and I before she ran her race on Saturday.


When I met Terri on Sunday to run she told me she wished she could take that picture, cut me out of it and put it next to the me from a year ago. We talked a while on our run about what it was like for me a year ago and how I struggle to see the changes she sees in me now. What she said (and what others say and see in me) made me feel great and definitely helps keep me motivated to keep going.

1 comment: