Sunday, January 15, 2012

Maintain Don't Gain - my results

My gym held a little "Maintain Don't Gain" challenge over the holidays. It ran from November 1st through January 8th. Nothing overly exciting to report. Just weekly weigh ins and an attendance goal. I started the challenge at 169 lbs. My goal was to visit the center (gym) each week for 4 days. I met my attendance goal. I even did well with the weight. I didn't maintain nor did I gain.

I LOST!!!

My end weight was 157 lbs. That is a total of 12 lbs lost between November and January. Not bad considering most people gain during the holidays. Not this girl. No way, no how was I going to gain. I might have been ok with maintaining but my goal was to lose for the 2nd year in a row. I succeeded.

The gym has random drawings and so far no information has been posted as to who won what prizes. Since it is not a weight loss challenge the person with the highest weight doesn't automatically win. Bummer. Not that I am the one with the highest weight loss but it would have been cool to been awarded a prize just for losing! haha You get your name in the pot so many times for weight lost or maintained as well as for meeting your attendance. I'd like ot think they just haven't posted that info or held the drawing but I won't hold out any hope.

Last year I did win and won an hour of personal training. While I did get a couple of great workouts out of the deal I didn't get the greatest hour of training like I had hoped. BUT the whole challenge taught me (both years) that it IS absolutely possible to stay on plan and not gain a ton of weight (OR ANY) through the holiday season. Eat healthy, exercise and you will succeed. I am still (and hope to be for a long time) proof of that!!

6 comments: