This lovely random post is floating around and spreading like wild fire in the blogoshpere. I was lucky enough to be tagged and am excited to participate. The lovely Larissa, one of my awesome Team Tough Chik pals, and a fave blogger pal, The Lindztagged me and as promised I am posting today. This is my opportunity to share a bit more about me for your reading pleasure.
So, here are the rules of this little taggy tag:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
I may or may not kinda suck at following rules (sometimes) but I promise to do my absolute best.
11 Random Things about Moi:
1. I wear cowgirl boots almost every single day to work. My awesome husband bought them for me a few months ago. They sat in the box for a long time before I got brave enough to wear them. I'm not a "country" girl ya know. ;) haha So, I felt weird not knowing what to wear them with. I polled my FB friends and they said, "Anything!" So guess what? I now wear them daily with anything/everything.
2. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. What, you mean 32 is not grown up? Crap.
3. My husband says I am highly competitive. He also says I won't back down from a fight. I think I just learned something random about me (I kid, honey!!). Both of these are true really.
4. I am a very unorganized and (sometimes) messy person. My desk at work is almost always neat and tidy but my nightstand, one spot on the kitchen counter and my ottoman where I sit at home are mostly always a complete mess.
5. My birthday is Feb. 28th. A lot of times when I tell people this they say, "Oh you were almost a Leap Year baby!!" Um, no. Leap year happens every 4 years. I was born in '79 which was NOT a Leap Year. I'd have to have been born 3 years earlier or 1 year later.
6. I love cupcakes. You don't need much detail about this one. I just really LOVE them.
7. Household chores are not my favorite activity but really are they anyone's?? The two I cannot stand are laundry and dishes. I will, however, do a full days worth of laundry over one sinkful of dishes any day of the week.
8. I have 3 tattoos. I also want at least 3 more.
9. I love both my kids dearly and equally. But I love love love to snuggle with my son. He's more snuggly than my daughter.
10. I love music, all kinds (sorta). And I love to sing (and dance). Rob Thomas is my fave and has been since the first time I heard Matchbox20.
11. My 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up in March (the 23). We are celebrating by starting the day with a double digit (10 mile!!) run together and then probably breakfast while the kids are in school. Can I get an awwwww??
And now for the questions Larissa asked:
1. How long have you been running and what made you start?
I started running about 3 years ago. I started because my bff and I had talked about Couch to 5k and I told her I was going to do it. So, I think to motivate me she registered me for my first 5k race.
2. What is the farthest place that you have traveled to?
Montana when I was in 8th grade. It was a family summer trip.
3. Favorite race that you have run?
My favorite is probably my first half marathon. Covenant Health Knoxville Half Marathon because of the experience.
4. Favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Ideally I would love to be home curled up in my big, comfy chair with a good book (or my kindle!) and an endless cup of coffee.
5. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Jillian. Seriously, so she can show me how to really kick ass in the gym.
6. Do you have any pets? What are they?
We have two boxers. Sassy is almost 13 years old and Sadie is 8 months old.
7. Craziest thing you have ever done?
I wish I had some exciting story about how crazy my life has been. I thought about saying the craziest thing I ever did was have kids, but since some of you are new here I better hold that one in. hahaha I did this one tandem bungy jump thing once, that was semi crazy.
8. Biggest fear and why?
Failure. I don't like letting people down. I feel like if I fail at anything (mostly weight loss/running) and all these people watch me they will disappointed. The last thing I want is a bunch of onlookers disappointed in me.
9. If you won the lotto would you still keep your current job? If not what would you do?
Probably not. I would go back to school.
10. What was your #1 New Years Resolution? Are you still on track?
I don't make NYRs. I made some goals for the year and so far they are going well.
11. One bad habit you want to break?
The Lindz asks...
1. What is your favorite dish to make?
I'm slightly but not totally ashamed to admit that I don't really cook. But I LOVE anything my husband makes. :)
2. Would you rather sing in a karaoke contest or be in a dance competition?
Sing karaoke. My voice is much better than my lame dance moves.
3. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. Pepsi or Coke?
5.What is your favorite movie?
Grease and Disney's The Little Mermaid are tied for first. And I have thing for Matthew McConnaughey and Kate Hudson in movies together.... haha
6.High heels or flats?
I'm a shorty so I'm gonna go with heels because otherwise my pants drag the ground.
7.Where were you born?
8.Do you watch Reality TV? (If yes, which shows are your guilty pleasure?)
Yes. I watch some. American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Biggest Loser and my newest fave NY Ink (hey, Ami???)
9.Have you ever met anyone famous? (Name them if yes).
I met Allison Krauss and she even signed my fiddle.
10.What’s one thing you would like accomplish in 2012?
11.Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or White chocolate?
Ok, this took me all.day.long. And because of that and some awesome encouragement from one of my fellow Tough Chiks, I'm breaking the rules and not tagging anyone. BUT if you want to participate, let me know and I will write up a whole new set of questions for YOU in a new post. I have a feeling I have been tagged for this at least one more time. Eeek. This was fun. I enjoyed the questions and answering them as much as I have enjoyed reading the blogs of those that have participated already.