Friday, December 2, 2011

December - goals and such

This is how I started my first evening of December....
[caption id="attachment_857" align="aligncenter" width="197" caption="Burnin' up the ARC"][/caption]

Today was a scheduled cross training day and because I had a weak moment at lunch I decided I needed to go extra long and hard with my friend the ARC. Truth is, I bought a cupcake at lunch. I made a vow to wait until 2pm and if it was still on my desk *staring at me* then I would wait again until 3pm. However there was an unexpected turn of events around 3:15 and I could no longer watch that cupcake stare at me through it's cute, little see through container. I got my butt up and grabbed a fork. Emotions took over and I chowed down. I had mentioned not logging it into my food diary but I'm all about some honesty...

So, moving along.
I never did sit down and really plan out my goals fro November which sucks and doesn't at the same time. I didn't totally kick butt in November but considering how busy we were with Thanksgiving and life in general I didn't do half bad. I kept running. I have been to the gym at least 4 days a week and might have lost an ounce or so. I did miss one weigh in at my gym but that was the week of Thanksgiving so I gave myself a free pass! I still weighed at home just to keep myself in tune with what my body was doing that week. So, while November wasn't magical I did decide to make some little goals for December. Nothing over the top though. So, here goes:

~Log at least 15 running miles a week.
Why so low? Well, two reasons the holidays and I have another goal for the month I am also working on. So 3 running days seems to fit right now. I will run Monday (3-4 miles), Wednesday (5-6 miles) and Satuday (long run 6+).

~ Crosstrain and lift the weights
This has been pretty easy for me lately since I told my hubby one of my goals for 2012 is become stronger. He's been great at working me hard with the weights at the gym. I can always work harder though. I've skipped my BodyPump classes for the last week or so because I have been using the gym's free weights and machines. I am going to try to make at least one BP class a week in December though in addition to what I have been doing.

~ Log all my food
I have been great about doing this already but there are some days when I sneak a little something and don't log it. I want to change that to be more honest with myself and see if it makes a difference either on the scale or how my clothes fit. Maybe it won't in a month's time but it can't hurt trying. What I should really do is just quit sneaking crap! haha

~ Quit beating myself up
This one is tough. I will probably elaborate more on this in another post. But basically I need to just accept that I am not the girl I once was. I struggle a lot daily with who is looking back at me in the mirror. So, I need to let go of that and see what I have accomplished.

Now, all of YOU have a wonderful December. I hope you all reach your goals!

5 comments: