Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Randoms

~ Because of my bad a$$ unplanned 9 mile run on Thursday I decided to make Friday a rest day. Friday evening went well until about bedtime and I got sick. I'm fine now but as a result of being up at 2am I decided to rest again today. I don't love taking 2 rest days in a row, but the body tells us what it needs. And us smart folk sometimes listen to our bodies.

~ I did manage to make it to the gym today for my weigh in. While I wasn't expecting a huge loss I was hoping to be in the next set of magical numbers. So, I admit to being disappointed when I wasn't. Down 1 lb for the week isn't bad though. 161 according to the gym scale. I will take it. And I will work extra hard in the coming weeks to meet my goals.

~ As of today I am only 17 lbs away from reaching my weight loss goal. 17 lbs is not a lot. Not a lot compared to the 76 I have lost to date. If all goes well and I stay focused/on track I hope to reach that goal by my 3rd anniversary of this journey in April. So I will keep trucking along until then (and beyond).

~ I was suppose to run a 5k "race" today (Sunday) but wasn't able to because of a death in our church. So, I set out this morning to get a little run in. 4.33 miles (41:18). I made it a goal to run the 5k as fast as I could today since I was aiming to get a PR at the little fun run that I missed. I hit 5k on my route at 28:58 which would be my fastest ever outside 5k and that was on a pretty hilly route, even if I did take the side of the route that had more downhills. lol I'm still proud. Outdoor running is becoming easier.

~ This time last year (and I know I say that a lot) I was still running 11+ minute miles. I'm shocked every time I lookat my Garmin and see something around 9 or so minute miles. There was even a point (or two) in my run where I noticed I was hitting 8+ minute miles. Craziness.

~ My weekend eating hasn't been perfect but I haven't done so bad. I am taking my kids for a little lunch date and errand running today but plan to do as well as I can in the eating department. I'm happy to have burned some calories today. Buring calories always makes me feel a little better about my day.

~ This morning I hopped on the scale because I am still a slight scale addict. I noticed the numbers were going berzerk like that crazy Biggest Loser scale does. It irritated me a little and when I saw 152 on the darn thing and was like whoa. I knew I had done nothing on Saturday to produce an 11 lb loss, but a girl can dream huh. Anyway, new batteries should fix that right up. And I will try hard to stay off the thing so it doesn't play stupid mind games with me all week.

4 comments: