Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Year in Review

I have seen a ton of bloggers doing a year in reveiw post of 2011. I have not done this in the past, at least not for the whole year. It was kind of neat to look back at what all I did this year. I am going to share with you some high lights from each month this year. Each of these high lights has been blogged about but I won't share the links. However, if you want to read back just go to that month's archives and the posts will be there for you. :)

January - I weighed in around 168-170. I suffered a nice case of bronchitis and a raging ear infection that side lined me for a few days. I registered for my first half marathon. My longest run was 8 miles (1:34).

February - I hit double digit miles. 10 miles (1:54) which was ran on Valentine's Day with my honey. I turned 32 and celebrated with my husband by running on a cold winter's day through beautiful Cades Cove.

March - my training for the half marathon came to an end. I did some volunteer work for a couple of races including the half marathon.

April - I became a half marathoner by running the Covenant Health Knoxville Half Marathon (2:28:09). I also took my very first spin class and loved it.

May - I took a face plant into the pavement one Sunday afternoon while my husband and I were out trying to get in a long run.

June - I celebrated National Running Day with a killer 5 miler. I failed at eating the Paleo way by gaining 6 lbs. We went on vacation to the beach where I did some great running and rode bikes everywhere we went.

July - I ran my first 10k with 59,999 of my closest running firends. Peachtree Road Race on July 4th (1:10:09). I also learned to LOVE the tempo run.

August - I registered for my 2nd half marathon. I was still weighing in at 168 and frustrated. I ran a 5k with a friend and PR'd at 31:05. I had a scary late evening 10 mile run that involved a snake, naked man in the woods and 2 crazy teenage boys on bikes.

September - I ran a lovely 11 mile run in Cades Cove with the Fleet Feet group and my awesome friend, Terri. I met O'Neal Hampton from the Biggest Loser and a trainer who has trained some great BL contestants when my friend opened a new gym in her city. The best part of Sept was starting running the long runs with my husband again.

October - I ran my 2nd half marathon with a friend in Atlanta, GA (2:23:05). I also registered and ran my 3rd half marathon. My husband and I dressed as Batman and Batgirl for a Haunted Half (2:19:43).

November - I started my gym's Maintain Don't Gain holiday challenge weighing 168. I ran a 4 miler out of state while visiting family and each mile was 9:33 pace or less! I ran my 2nd 10k on Thanksgiving Day (1:00:14) coming in just 15 seconds slower than the goal I had hoped for.

December - I decided to start loving myself and appreciating all the hard work that has gotten me to where I am today. I realized if I push myself hard enough I can actually even break the 9 min/mile pace, at least on the short runs.


In short I lost about 10 pounds (my current weight is 158).
I ran 6 races. 3 half marathons, 2 10ks and 1 5k. And finally see how much my hard work is paying off.


2011 was a great year for me but I know that 2012 is going to be better. I'm going to work just as hard if not harder in 2012 to meet all of my goals. A list of those goals is coming up in the next couple of days. And as always, thank you for being there and seeing me through my many milestones in 2011. I hope you will stick around to see what 2012 has to bring. YOU too can achieve great things.... believe and chase the dream.

4 comments: