Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Commitment

I found this quote a while back, printed it and stuck the paper in my gym bag. Yesterday I was packing my gym bag when I flipped through all the excess junk and random papers I had tucked inside it and ran across the one with the following quote...

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuse, only results."

I can't recall where I found it but I knew I liked it. I knew it applied to me. I was interested in running for a while but took a long time before I became committed enough to running for it to make a difference in my everyday well being.

I finally allowed my interest in running (and my overall health) turn into a real commitment. I started a running program and made changes in my diet...accepting NO excuses...I began seeing results. But recently I have been hearing from others about my results. But lately I feel like I am more interested in what I am doing rather than committed to what I have been doing the last couple of years and while the results haven't disappeared I am just not seeing the added results I had been hoping for to this point.

What does that mean?
It means I am not working as hard as I should. It means I am making excuses and making excuses IS NOT the answer to getting results.

What do I need to do?
Step.it.up.
Go all out.
Quit making excuses.
Don't try anything new (hello, Paleo!?....epic fail).

I need to do what I have been doing over the course of the last 2 years that has successfully lead me to a 70lb loss and a love for running. Not to mention muscles in places I never imagined you would be able to see muscles!

I'm committed to running. I am committed to my health. I am committed to reaching my ultimate goal. NO EXCUSES....Only Results.

No comments:

Post a Comment