Saturday, April 16, 2011

Slacker.

I skipped Friday morning BodyPump.
Why? I have no excuse other than I just slept in. I turned the alarm clock off as soon as it started beeping.

Then Friday went to pot fast when I found out I may quickly become unemployed. My fate is still to be determined.
I ended my day without a trip to the gym but dinner out to Chickfila with the family. My first real meal of Friday was a chicken sandwich. You will be happy to know that I skipped eating ice cream later Friday evening when I took my Girl Scout troop to Marble Slab Creamery. Go me!
I never did go to the gym Friday. Slacker.

So, did I get up and run the 5k I had planned with the awesome Kelsey? No. I had to be a responsible adult and forgo paying $$ I don't need to spend just to run. Bummer. I was looking forward to it (with her and my hubby) in celebration of Kelsey's 20th birthday today.

I made cupcakes at home instead. Gah.
Like I needed those after missing 2 days of working out?? Nope.
I only ate one. And still didn't make it to the gym today.
Slacker.

After 2 days of barely any food (any food of real healthy qualities even), little water, even less sleep and a massive headache I have a feeling I would not have performed well in a race or even running the treadmill at my gym. But none of this is any excuse to have been such a slacker yesterday or today. I have hopes that tomorrow will be better and regardless of the outcome I hope to find time to run or workout.

I do not want pity but if you prayer, remember me and my family.
And of course any motivation to get moving again is greatly appreciated. I do not need to continue being a slacker.

2 comments: