Sunday, November 20, 2011

Maintain Don't Gain

Last year I joined a challege at my gym called "Maintain Don't Gain." It ran through the holiday season as a way for people to stay healthy and not go overboard with holiday eating or to get lax with gym time.  I was very successful during the challenge last year. I was in the gym 4 days a week and managed to acutally lose 10 lbs and win the little competition they had going on.

This year my goals are much the same. I plan to be in the gym a minimum of 4 days a week (my secret goal is 6 days though) and would like to lose at least 5 lbs this time around. I set my goal of 4 days to visit the gym because I figured I should factor in the holiday hours as well as any traveling my family will do and the fact that I have a race or two planned and most of my log runs will be done outside, away from the gym. My weight loss has slowed a bit so I didn't want to set a goal of losing 10lbs and only manage to maintain. While maintaining is the goal, I am still in weight loss mode so that is my personal goal. 5lbs between now and the first week of January seems doable.

This challenge actually started a week ago.  My first weigh in was last week on Monday.

  • start weight (gym scale) 168

  • start weight (home scale) 166

  • Week one weigh in"

  • (gs) 164

  • (hs) 162


I will probably be updating with both scales weight because I weigh at home unclothed and of course at the gym they don't just let such awesomely buff folks like myself (ahem, go with it people!!!) hop on their scales in their birthday suits. So I usually always have workout apparel on when I weigh at the gym. They don't take off anything for that so my guess is that my home scale is more accurate but either way I will still update with both.

The challenge runs through January 7th and though it is through MY gym I encourage and challenge all of you to hop on board and do something similar to make it through the holidays without gaining weight or losing fitness! Good luck and know that I have faith in you!

 

3 comments: