Monday, September 6, 2010

>Long weekend = Long Run

>Or in my case a lack there of. :(

Friday I was having some severe pain that I chalked up to being associated with the adjustments made at the orthodontist earlier in the week but as the night wore on the pain got worse. It was radiating through my ear and my jaw and I could even feel it in my neck a little. It was opposite the side my adjustments were made but I was still convinced that was all that was going on. SO, I did a huge no-no and removed my rubber bands for the evening on Friday.

I hardly slept Friday night/Saturday morning and the pain shooting through my ear was so bad I told my hubby I'd cry if I thought it would make a difference. When he finally got home from his football meeting I decided to just go to the clinic because even though I had tried Tylenol and such the pain was too intense to let go.

2 hours in the clinic and the doctor says to me, "Have you been able to sleep at night?" Come to think of it, not so much since Thursday! lol He made notice of my very scarred ears and asked if I had ever had problems. Yes, sir, my entire childhood! And apparently in my adult life I cannot escape the horrible ear infections! 1 oral antibiotic, 1 antibiotic ear drop prescription and a prescription for pain relief ear drops and I was on my way to feeling better! So I thought.

I stayed in Saturday night and slept most of the morning Sunday. I still had pain yesterday but finally ventured out with my family for a quick dinner and a local fireworks display (which also happens to be the largest in the country to celebrate Labor Day). This morning I felt some better and the pain is not as intense.

I am bummed because this long weekend had me hoping for a long run. I even told my hubby Friday night that my goal for this weekend was a 6.5-7 mile run. Which would be my longest run to date. However, here we are Monday afternoon and I haven't even ran a mile.

So, is it worth it (to my training or my body either one) to have taken this weekend off? Should I attempt to run this evening still or just pick up tomorrow where I left off on Thursday? ahh, decisions!

5 comments: