Wednesday, September 22, 2010

>Every inch of me aches

>Yesterday I ventured out of my exercise comfort zone. I had been wanting to attend group classes at my gym for a while but I have this phobia of mirrored rooms full of strangers in workout gear. I didn't want anyone being able to see my butt jiggle or my batwings flying or heaven forbid smell my sweat. I had walked up the stairs to the main studio at my gym on more than one occasion to only walk back down because I chickened out of going to a group fitness class.

However, I made my mind up yesterday that I was just going to do it. BodyPump began at 5:30. I changed at work so that once 5 pm hit all I had to do was load the kids (they were with me) in the car and drive the few miles to the gym. But at 4pm I began to get really nervous, questioning whether or not I could do it. I needed someone to hold my hand. My hubby had offered to go with me once before (I chickened us both out) but since it is football season he just isn't able to go workout with me. Boo.

So, back to yesterday.
We arrived at the gym early (well, before 5:30). So, I got the kids all tucked into their area and headed upstairs. There were already lots of people waiting to go in the class. Luckily, I know the instructor so when I saw her coming down the hall she gave me a big smile and assured me that I could do this. Sigh. "Don't make fun of me!"

I did it!
And today I totally feel it all over my body. My body was trembling half way through the class. I did not start out with heavy weights either. But I felt like, last night and today, this was my very first time ever working out. I had no idea that I would be so sore. However, it is a good kind of pain and I am looking forward to the next class! I am planning to make this a part of my exercise routine each week.

If you have a gym membership and they offer BodyPump classes - you should totally take one if you never have!

6 comments: