Sunday, September 19, 2010

>Victory!

>Been a long time, no!?
Almost 10 days to be exact and let me tell you....
Great things have happened!

I had a day off this past week. I dropped my son off at preschool and hit the park to run. It was a cool, crisp fall like morning. I was dressed in light layers and fueled up ready to go. I didn't have a mile goal in mind or even a time. I just wanted to enjoy a run.

And that is just what I did.
6.04 miles at an 11:35 min/mile pace. This is slower for me but since it was more miles than usual I was fine with my slower pace. Especially since I was just enjoying taking in all the beauty I was surrounded by! And I counted the little stop to read the park map and chat up the location with a couple of ladies on bikes.

Other exciting news...
My regular jeans (size 14) that were bought in December had begun getting too big. When I first got them I would wash them and then hang to dry so they didn't shrink any but in the last few months I began drying them because they felt loose. Well, Friday the pair I had on were just uncomfortably loose. This is an awesome feeling! So, while on my lunch I headed over to Old Navy just to *try* on some new jeans. Size 12. I grabbed a few pair and headed to the fitting room not expecting for a whole lot. BUT let me tell you....

My whole week was made right there in that fitting room when those size 12s went on so easy and buttoned and zipped perfectly. I think I squeeled and danced a little jig right there in the fitting room! I cannot remember a time that I was a size 12 in the last 10+ years. I text my hubby right away and said I was buying jeans and because I was so giddy over the jeans I got a new top, too! ;)

Sweet victory!

Now, tell my scale to start moving on down!

9 comments: