Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend randoms

~ I have totally neglected my blog. Well, not totally.. I think of it often and find myself lacking good material. Wait, I can think of good material and even come up with an entire post in my head. It even sounds great. BUT the problem is this usually happens as I am trying to fall asleep at night or while I am out running and lost in thought. Neither of these times are the best for actually putting my thoughts to black and white. And you can guess what happens once my run is over or when I finally fall asleep. Need me to tell you? Yeah, you find me here randomizing a post just to keep the blog remotely alive! Eeek.

~ I am 100% pleased with my workouts last week. 5 days.. 3 times with weights in my hands, 1 spin class and 4 solid runs! The only thing I could have added was one more cross training day OR a few more workouts with my husband. We like to run together a couple times a week but since football season is upon that is happening far less. We did manage to run part of our run this weekend together.

~ Speaking of weekend running.... the weather was so so lovely here yesterday. It was cool, breezy and just so nice for running. I think runners all over East Tennessee were thrilled with the temps and lack of humidity. I know that for my husband and I the cooler temps mean it's easier to push the pace and our breathing suffers less. This probably won't last too long but it does look like we might be in for a relatively decent weather week. Here's hoping!!

~ I have a few things I need to get posted on the blog. One of those is a giveaway that's been hanging out for a while. It includes a product review!We had a fun event with our running buddies this weekend I hope to get pics of and a post written to put up. Also, I have some awesome news as far as my race schedule for the year goes. It may only be awesome to me but I am still really excited to tell you all about it. So, please stay tuned for my big news and stick around this week for a product review and give away!!

I hope you had a fun, active weekend. Here's to a healthy new week!

3 comments: