Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hello August!?

Whoa! It's a new month again already?? I'm sure you all are as aware of this as I am but this year is flying by. My summer has come and gone. You may say it is still summer but summer for me is pretty much over when my husband and kids return to school. He went back this week and they return next week. Goodbye late nights, hello homework!?

I didn't set a single goal for July other than to make it through the month as best as I could with my injury situation. I was on vacation the first week and did enjoy myself, as I think anyone on vacation should. I was active on vacation and did my fair share of running.
I've remained active since vacation though I've failed at posting any info on my workouts here. I'm running. cross training and lifting weights at least 5 days a week. PT is still going well. I have 2 visits left this round before seeing my doctor again. I'll keep you in the loop on that.

Recap of July-
NO real weight loss.
Running - I ran 2 races but didn't PR either. I ran a downhill half marathon which made #5 in the books for me and a finish time of 2:16 putting me 6 minutes slower than a PR.If you want to read the recap you can find it here. The second race was a 10k that I had not ran before but I also did not get a distance PR for that race. You can read the recap for it here. Both races are something I am very proud of especially given my whole injury ordeal.
Gym - I'd like to say that even though I haven't been working out quite as much as I was pre-injury I do feel stronger. Maybe not as far as my body/muscles go but mentally. I've had to overcome a lot and learn new ways around dealing with the injury while still making progress in the gym. For that I am proud. I could have taken a much different road the last few months but I've pressed on and will continue to fight.

What's up for August?
I have no scheduled races but did start a training plan 2 weeks ago for a race in October (my 6th half marathon). I've been doing well enough with the training plan but making adjustments where I see fit. I'm going to keep with that for now. I've stepped it up a little with the weights and thanks to my husband that goal will be one that is easy to reach.

I think I said the last couple of months that I would absolutely love to see a dip in the number on the scale but so far that hasn't happened. I'm OK with that, really. As long as my clothes aren't tight and I don't feel like a stuffed sausage I am going to remain OK with the number on the scale. I'd love to say, "Oh I am going to lose 5 lbs this month," but I know in reality that may not happen even if I bust my tail at the gym and ban off cupcakes for life. I'll keep plugging away at that number though because I still feel like my body isn't done losing weight.

What I am telling you is that my journey isn't over and I am going to just keep taking this thing one day at a time, one meal at a time and one run/workout at a time.

Did you set goals for August? Do you have any upcoming races?

2 comments: