Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Goodbye July, Hello August

This summer came and went, quickly! One of my kids started school today and the hubby has been back since last week. I'm not ready for summer (vaca) to be over but I am so ready for the cooler temps of fall (and football!) to be here.

I am not sure I made any goals for the months of June or July and I pretty much refuse to go into August without some kind of goal.

So, here is what is going on.
~ I just registered for my 2nd half marathon. It will be Oct. 2, 2011 in Atlanta, GA. The goal is to finish obviously. Sure I would like to finish faster than my first but if I don't or come pretty close then that is fine by me. It will still be a great accomplishment.

~ The scale has to move. Period. I refuse to believe my body likes 168 lbs this much. My goal for August is to drop 5lbs but if I could lose 3 I would be satisfied.

~It is hard to cut all sugar and diet soda. I just cannot do it right now. That is not to say I am drinking kegs of Diet Coke or eating pounds of sugar either. Limiting these things, sure. That works and I will continue with the hopes that maybe *maybe* I can cut it completely.

The one goal I want to make is to really really focus on the muscle. Build it, make it, have it. Period. However, this week that is not going so well. I skipped my BodyPump class last night because I was late getting to the gym and knew I HAD to run the 3 miles on my HMT schedule. So, I had hubby write me up a workout yesterday that I planned to do after my run but time wouldn't allow it. (Kids, school, dinner, etc... that's not an excuse just life). I go with a plan almost every time I step into the gym.

Here is my weekly plan:
Monday - XT/rest (I usually choose XT)
Tuesday - EZ Run (3 miles this week)
Wedsnesday - XT/rest (XT for me)
Thursday - 5 miles w/3 mile Tempo
Friday- XT/rest (this is the one day I do rest)
Saturday - short run (don't recall mileage right off the top of my head)
Sunday - long run (7 miles this week)

Each week pretty much looks the same except I throw in a BP class or two and rarely take rest days. I tend to XT on those days listed but with football season approaching I have decided Friday's make great rest days for me. Sometimes Saturday's end up being long run days and I switch the SAT/SUN plan accordingly. My GOAL is to stick to the plan as much as possible but to add in the muscle work. ;)

I'm going to start posting weekly my workout plans for the week (on Monday) and then again on Sunday to mark off what I actually did do.

So, what's the actual goal?
* lose 5lbs
* workout HARD

2 comments: