Thursday, October 21, 2010

>Three Things Thursday

>1. Things with my "new" plan are going well. I did have to call the dietitian today though because while things are good I have been a bit confused at times. lol And today's eating, while spot on, left me feeling a bit shaking. I think I am missing something. The hubby said protein but when I looked at what I had eaten my protein count was relatively high. I hate numbers! Anyway, this whole thing is a big balancing act some days. The good news is that the scale hasn't gone up which makes me love numbers! haha I'm hoping tomorrow (Friday's will be weekly weigh in days!) will read a down number. Fingers crossed.

2. I am super duper awfully excited. I am not sure how many of you are familiar with Team Sparkle but they have what they call Traveling Skirts and a while back I filled out the little questionaire on their site thinking it's worth a shot but they won't pick me since I am only running a 5k but not long after I recieved an email back saying they would contact me with more info about when I should expect the pink traveling skirt to be sent my way! I was stoked then. A week or so ago I was looking at their calendar and my race was on their schedule. I was stoked, again. I told hubby how cool it would be if I was wearing one of those way cute sparkly skirts to run my race. He said, "are you sure that's YOU on their calendar?" Well, no but yes, but no, maybe? Anyway, Monday I got another email saying that the pink traveling skirt was on it's way to me and good luck with my race! You guessed it, STOKED again! :) And will you believe what arrived in MY mailbox today?  Right! The Awesome Pink Traveling Skirt!!!!  And wait for it......
I WAS SOOO FLIPPIN" STOKED! ;) I bet you cannot guess how I will feel on my race day  if I PR. I will wait for after my race to tell you. I'm just so excited about being a part of  Team Sparkle . And if you haven't cheked them out, you should. You should also read about why the traveling skirts are so special.  * I was not paid by Team Sparkle to wear their skirt or even be so happy giddy excited about it, heck this isn't even a review...just a runner mom who is wildly excited about a kick butt opportunity! What can I say? I don't get out much. LOL 

3. Did you know I am hosting my first giveaway on this here blog?? If you didn't, you do now! You should enter if 1. you like to run, 2. you're a mom, 3. you enjoy a good book or 4. any of the above or a combo of the 3! You should GO HERE  to read all about it and get yourself entered! Even if you don't fit into the categories above this would make a great gift for the awesome mom, girlfriend, sister, aunt, etc in your life (even if she doesn't run!).


 

7 comments: