Tuesday, October 26, 2010

>Weekend ramblings

>We have had a busy few days and this week we are NOT slowing down a whole lot!

Saturday I went to GA for my sister's surprise 30th. I could have very easily (after our late night Friday) stayed in bed Saturday morning and just hung around the house until time to leave BUT I got up and hit my BodyPump class. I am so glad I did. That set a positive vibe for my day and gave me the motivation and determination I needed to stay on track (as much as possible) for a busy weekend.

I was dreading the food situation for Saturday. I didn't have time to make my regular morning smoothie before heading to the gym and really was afraid of drinking it before such an intense class because it has the tendancy to make things move (tmi... lol) so I skipped it. After the gym I let the kids choose breakfast since I made them wait so long to eat. They picked McDs. I am not a huge fan of that (with the exception of the coffee!) so I didn't get anything and just "picked" at what the kids had...a bite of a hashbrown, 2 bites of a biscuit, a small piece of egg. Not awful. I decided since I wasn't sure what dinner would be I would just make my smoothie for lunch on the road (I knew hubby would stop for him something to eat and probably lunch for the kids..I was right). I ate ONE chic sand of the mini variety from another fast food joint (hey, some days are just like that) and a couple fries. Again, not awful considering. Once we got to the party I was relieved to see Subway, chicken salad croissants, and tons of fresh fruit and raw veggies!  I had one chick salad croissant and loaded up on the raw veggies. And if you have been reading here long enough you know I love me some bday cake. BUT I was a good girl and had only a small slither and let me tell you..... it was delish.

Why am I typing all this?
Well, I told my hubby that I was determined to see the same number on the scale Sunday and Monday morning as I did Friday morning. Usually we go overboard eating on the weekends and that leads to a sodium, nasty food induglence gain on Sunday/Monday. I am proud to say that did not happen this weekend! So, I feel like the weekend's eating choices proved to be a success of sorts.

I hope your weekend was a good one and that this week will be great!

11 comments: