Monday, May 17, 2010

>Where've you been?

>Or maybe you are asking where have I been?

Here, there and everywhere.
Last week was busy and I wasn't feeling great about my efforts to lose. I got in 4 great workouts though, so that accounts for something positive in my week!

I can't say whether the scale moved last week or not because honestly I didn't pay a great deal of attention to it even though I can assure you I was on it more than I should have been.

I never even came here to discuss my May goals but I wrote them down. SO, maybe now is a good time to share them with you..lol
1. 170-175 before vacation (June 19th)
2. run 5k without stopping
3. PR 5k on May 29th - goal of 34 minutes


I only set three goals. And yes one of them carries over into June. I've been using my beach vacation as a motivator especially with the weight thing. There are other things I want to work on and achieve before vacation as well. I want (and need) to start a more core work (How often do I say that!?!?). I also want to tone my arms/shoulders and back more before vacation. I am running out of sweet time here! I have a month before we leave. My plan is to take measurements again tomorrow and begin the extra work I need today! :)

So, let me break down those goals and discuss them for a minute.
1. 170-175 before vacation (June 19th)
I am pretty sure I can achieve this goal. Based on my last (recorded) weigh in I only have about 5 lbs or so to lose to meet this goal. And that is completely obtainable in a month's time. Maintaining that weight while on vacation will be a completely different quest!
2. Run 5k without stopping
This is a goal my husband helped me set. I *think* if I can get over the mind games I deal with while running I can meet this goal too. However, my mind messes with me and plays games with me while I am on the treadmill. It's brutal some days. I worry about things I shouldn't be worried about while I am running. Crazy.
3. PR 5k on May 29th (goal of 34 minutes)
First let me say that my last 5k race time was 36:34 (official results). And while I do not yet know the race course for the 29th I know it may be unrealistic for me to set a goal of 34 minutes. I do realize though that anything under 36 minutes would be a PR, so why not shoot for 34?! If I meet that goal GREAT, if I do not well then I have a little more to work on but either way I won't be disappointed because finishing is a great accomplishment anyway.

So, stay tuned for an update (12 days) soon about my next 5k! And check back in on my measurements and those results! Next topic -- kicking negativity goodbye and thinking positive! Woohoo!

7 comments: