Monday, May 10, 2010

>I think I am obsessed

>With running.
Or at least the "racing" aspect of running.

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would be a runner. And I still have a hard time saying that I am a runner but you all know my issues there! lol But the more I run (especially races) the more I want to do it. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment I guess.

Anyway, I had told myself that after the last 5k in April we (my hubby and I) would take a racing break until July. I've ran a particular race out of town the last 2 years and decided that race would be our next one. Well....

I signed us up for another 5k. It will be in exactly 20 days. I'm not sure if I am ready for it or not. Actually, today, I know I am not ready for it. But I am excited about it. As always, I love that my hubby is willing to take part in these with me. We are both excited about there being a Clydesdale/Athena division in this race too! haha That might give us a better shot at placement (not that it matters to me) and has us "competing" against not just our age level but runners who don't have the typical skinny runner physique! lol

Anyway, we will be taking June off from racing to enjoy our vacation with the family. We are going to the beach. I'd like to say I plan to do some beach running while on vacation but I won't make any promises that I might not be able to keep. ;)

In July we will be heading out of town (and hopefully joining my sweet friend, she knows who she is) to run the race I mentioned before that I have done the last couple of years. After that I plan to get started on my fund raising efforts for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure that will be held in October. That race is awesome and means a lot to me. This year my hubby will be joining me for it, too! Lots of excitement there!

After that I have no idea where my running will take me during the fall/winter months. BUT if things go as planned I will continue my training all the way to a half marathon! I have picked out the half I want to run. It is the day before my 32nd birthday. I am thinking that would be the perfect birthday gift to myself! And it would be a great goal for me to reach. I *think* I can do it.

14 comments: