Monday, May 24, 2010

>Progress pictures

>It's hard to believe that I have been at this weight loss thing for a year now (faithfully!!) but it is true... a year has passed. A year ago I weighed over 220 lbs and looked like this...


Last year I remember thinking I looked good after having lost a little bit of weight and was happy to pose with my family for pictures. This fall I felt even better because I had lost around 25-30 pounds and could really tell the difference since the summer.

As 2010 rolled in I felt more comfortable with pictures of myself being taken because I could see the difference. It's weird because looking in the mirror some days I do not see the difference at all and still see myself as the girl in the first picture. And sometimes I feel like that is the girl other people see too.  But by January/February (actually it was Dec, but I can't find those pics) I was proud to say that I had gone from a *gasp* size 20 jean to a 14....


But today I am even more proud of my accomplishments and what I can finally see...

Yesterday my hubby snapped these pictures of me at thisclose to 50 lbs lost. I have decided that I want to keep going with this and lose another 25-35 lbs before February 27th, 2011. That is 40 weeks away (roughly since I got side track after I counted) and 1 day before my 32nd birthday. I have my heart set on running my first half marathon. And if everything in my life goes accordingly (haha) that will happen!  For now I am going to keep pushing on and running forward.

5 comments: