Thursday, April 15, 2010

>What's new?

>I'm not the best daily blogger here, as I am sure you have figured out. I struggle with coming up with something "new" to post about this journey and often times fail. I hate to repeat myself day in and day out about how things are going in the weight loss/working out part of my life. It's rather boring really. I don't have deep thoughts about food or working out really. I want to make healthy choices for me and my family and that's that! :)

I did begin something "new-ish" for me last week though and I am very excited to see how it helps in the whole process for me. I started following WW (weight watchers). I am NOT going to meetings however because frankly I just don't have time to add one more thing away from home to my schedule. I bought the books and will be doing it myself. I will be using my blog and another online community I have been a part of for several years (as well as friends and family) as my support group and a way to hold myself accountable.

I have read through several chapters of "Run Less, Run Faster" now and began some of the running workouts this week. I got up early (5:30) Monday morning and actually got myself out of the bed, dressed and to the gym by 6! I have been saying for months that I was going to do it and finally I did. Even my hubby said he was proud! :) Tuesday I rested rather than doing a cross training workout but that had more to do with the fact that I was busy keeping the score book at a track meet than anything. Yesterday was another run day and I did intervals. It was not my best interval run day. I'm not even very proud of my distance or speed, but I am proud that I got the run in. Today is a crosstraining day. I *think* I will do a few miles on the elliptical and then hop on the bike a while.

I went to the dr for the second time in 3 years on Tuesday. I had put off going for my yearly exam for three years in hopes of losing the baby weight. I had been to the doctor once in '09 and was determined that before I went back I would have dropped the weight. Well, I was happy when my doctor came in and told me how great I looked and then she said, "You've really lost a lot of weight since you were here last! How are you doing it?" :) I was proud to say that I was watching what I eat and mostly running. I vented a little about how frustrating it is thought that the weight is coming off so slowly. She reminded me that slow weight loss is healthier than rapid weight loss because a lot of times the rapid weight loss is what tends to creep back on quickly. I suppose she might be right.
But really, I do not want to have to fight another year to lose another 40 lbs. A year is a long time. 40 lbs is a lot of weight. I am an impatient person! lol But I made it through one year and 40 lbs already SO I will fight until I get the rest off. even if it takes forever. 

I'm very excited about an upcoming race that my hubby and I (and a good friend) are running together. More on that in another post though!

3 comments: