Wednesday, December 16, 2009

>I lied.

>And at least I can admit it! ha ha
I know I said I was going to post daily about what's going on with me working out and all the eating..blah blah
Right. So, in case any of you don't know...
It is the holiday season!
Are you like me at all and just get slightly overwhelmed by how much you actually have to do?
Between working full time, trying to manage a family (and with the help of my loving husband), working out and all the other stuff in between I just haven't had the time to sit down and write many blog posts. When I do have the time (which I rarely do) it's times like now while I am sneaking to do it from work! yikes. Luckily it helps (a little) to be related (by marriage) to the boss. :)

Anyway, I have worked out some and of course not nearly as much as I wish I was working out. Like I have said, like you all have said... working out SOME is better than NONE. Last night my hubby and I took the kids over to their grandparent's house and did a couple hours of Christmas shopping. It would have been very easy to let hubby talk me into just going home and being lazy afterwards. I didn't though. Instead he dropped me off at the gym before going to pick up the kids. I got a good 45 minute workout done on the elliptical machine. The only reason that disappoints me is because I wish I was running for 45 minutes. I really want to improve my running. So, tonight I plan to run. I am going to start back to week 6, day 2 of the Couch to 5k program.

As far as eating goes, it hasn't been great. I am concious of what I do eat for the most part. I am not losing but I am not gaining. I don't mind maintaining. Never before have I ever maintained through the holidays so I am pleased with that. My goal for now is TO maintain through Christmas. I'm not worried about dieting right now and really don't think I will be after Christmas. I think I will just go back to the more healthy way of eating and remind myself that it's a lifestyle change that matters.

So, that's that. I lied. I'm moving on. I will do my best to post when I can. :)

7 comments: