Friday, December 4, 2009

>Lesson learned

>Today was a busy day for me. I never made it on Spark People to log my food. I'm not so sure that was a bad thing. I had to take my son to work with me today since he isn't enrolled in pre-school/extended stay on Friday's and my Friday sitter was unable to watch him. On days he goes with me it's really close to impossible for my day to be anywhere close to normal. I ran out of the house without having packed lunch or breakfast. I even left my water bottle sitting on the counter. What did I do? I did manage to pack Peanut plenty of snacks! ha imagine that! 

To say today was good foodwise would be a complete and total lie. As a matter of fact I am going to go ahead and lay it all out here and tell you what I did eat today. What have I got to lose really? Well, besides the obvious (weight)!?  Being honest with you keeps me more honest with myself (or something like that. lol). So, because I was late and needed to eat and because my 3 yr old was "beggin" for me to stop I pulled the car into McD's on the way into work. I didn't do horrible but  not good either. I got myself ONE of their breakfast burritos...not the mackdaddy one but the smaller sausage/egg version. I can't recall the calories but I did eat 3/4s of the burrito. I also purchased a yogurt parfait to have for a mid/late morning snack. Again, not horrible. In fact I love the yogurt/fruit combo and I think the one from McD's is about 150 calories or so. It's not too bad really.

So what made my day so bad in regards to food? Well, my beloved 3 yr old son has a true love for Chick Fil A. If you don't have those near you...be glad! The place is pure evil, but it can be healty. I promised him lunch there.  Yes, I  know what you are thinking now. "Good grief, fast food junkie. Does this woman know how bad that stuff is?" YES, I am fully aware. Trust me, our family does make more healthy food choices on a regular basis than we do poor choices. In fact, my son's fave thing to eat at home is bbq chicken and steamed brocolli. No, I didn't make that up to make myself look good. Anyway, rather than get the grilled chicken salad with fat free dressing like I KNOW I should have gotten I chose the number 1...:( Shame on me. I felt horrible about it all day long. Frankly, I still feel awful about it.

I wouldn't normally let a day's food choices make me feel so bad, but I did also make a trip to Starbucks tonight. Did I choose my normal drink (Skinny Vanilla Latte of 90 calories)?? You guessed it! Nope. 300+ calories in my tall Peppermint White Mocha.   Can you say glutton? Yep, that was me today. And here I sit at midnight spilling my guts to you (whoever you are ;)  -thanks) about my poor choices with food today. I feel like crap. I feel guilty. I feel like mush.

But it is just ONE day. Tomorrow is a new day (didn't I say that yesterday?). And my day will start on the treadmill at my gym. I don't even care how cold it is out in the morning or how bad I want to stay cuddled in bed with my 3 loves. I made a vow yesterday to do better and to say I blew it today...well, that may be true but what I can do is to choose to NOT blow tomorrow by waking up tomorrow and being proud of how far I have gotten. I have worked hard. It's time to quit playing games (gees, how many times is she going to say that?). What I have learned from today is that I can't let all of my will power go out the window. Afterall my will power and determination is what helped me lose 30 lbs to begin with. And my motivation and drive is what has helped me add to the miles run in my ticker.

So, here's to a new day! ;)

Thanks for all the support from those that read here. It is appreciated!

14 comments: