Friday, January 24, 2014

Treadmill Tell- All

This is a fun little ditty I found over on  Jess' blog and thought I'd join the fun. Much like the rest of the country it's cold here in E. Tn and I have had to get some of my runs done on the treadmill just to keep from freezing my face off. That is not a complaint about winter. I like that I live where we have a change in seasons, however running in 7 degree temps (like this morning) is sometimes as much as a mental struggle as it is physical. And that my friends is where the treadmill comes into play!

1. What’s your favorite workout to do on a treadmill? 
I don't really have a favorite TM workout. But I usually prefer to play with speed rather than just run a steady pace. Whatever I can do to get it done and over with faster.
 
 2. How many miles, on average, do you run on the mill each week?
Usually none. The only time I really have to get myself on a TM is when the weather forces me to. Otherwise I'm outside. Lately I've been getting around 3-6 mi per week on the TM but that is a huge exception (due to sub freezing temps and flooded greenways).
 
3. What was the most mileage you’ve ever completed on the mill in one workout? When? Why? 
I once did a 12 mile run on the treadmill. It was during training for my first half marathon (if I recall correctly). I knew I only had 2 hours to get it done due to the time frame my kids could be in the gym daycare. 
 
4. Do you mill at home, the gym or both?  
I don't have the space at home for my own 'mill so it's the gym for me when I have to use one.
  
5. What distractions or entertainment (if any) do you use to help pass the time?  
Usually just music. The gym has tvs but it's always on the news (and they have like 10 tvs) when I'm there. I don't think I could have much success running and trying to read a book/magazine.
 
6. If you have a treadmill at home, what kind is it? How old is it? 

N/A
  
7. Do you fuel any differently for a treadmill workout than an outside one?

Not really. I might drink a little more water since I have it sitting there but usually I'm only on the TM for short runs so fueling isn't an issue.
  
8. Any treadmill mishaps to report? 

Nope thankfully I have never (knocking on wood now) flown off the back of one!
  
9. Do you mill at incline to compensate for not being outside?  

A lot of times I set it to 1-2% but depends on what I'm doing and how I feel.  
 
10. Describe your perfect (if there is such an animal) treadmill conditions:

My gym is often too warm and there's usually someone who will get on the TM directly beside me (a lot of times an old man who enjoys passing lots of gas). So that said, a TM room, solo with the temp set at 60 and a good set of tunes!

Do you enjoy the treadmill or do you prefer running outdoors? 
What is winter running like where you live?  

No comments:

Post a Comment