Friday, December 7, 2012

December - goals and such

So, can you believe December is already here!? Time flies. I feel like this entire year has just flown by so fast. Here we are already a week into December and I have yet to discuss goals or plans or anything. Heck, my blogging is like it seems to have been much of the year...lacking! I'm hoping to really change that in 2013.

But for the remainder of 2012 I have goals and I'd like to share those.

First of all, I have a race coming up this weekend. Half marathon #7. It's sure to be a fun event! Santa Hustle.. a race I have not ran before. Apparently we get Santa shirts and beards! How fun! Some friends and I have plans to kind of dress up for the event. I'm looking forward to a good day. I haven't received race notes from my coach yet but look forward to those. Not sure if I will all out race or run for fun. I never want to get myself all worked up and nervous over a race. I do have a goal, always but so long as I cross that finish line standing up I will be thrilled! A finish is a finish.

December Goals-
Basically I want to keep plugging away at reaching my goals with running. I've made huge progress (in my opinion) since I started my new running adventure in October. I want to keep running forward with that and seeing what else I can accomplish.

I also want to make it through the remainder of the holiday season without outgrowing my pants. So far that's been accomplished but I won't lie. The scale isn't where I want it to be. I have more to post on this later. I wont' say that I plan to lose any through the holidays but if I can continue to maintain I will be happy. This means focusing on healthy choices and not letting all the holiday treats get the best of me.

I am also going to make it a point to get back to BodyFlow class on my rest day (or Weds when I am not resting) because I went this week and it was so so good for my body. I've neglected some of the regular stuff I did at the gym before because "my schedule was so tough" and I felt like I couldn't make it work. However, I am going to make it a point to make it work. I've never been one for scheduling excuses and I'm not going to start now.

Did you make any goals for December or do you hope to just survive the holidays?

1 comment: